Put a Stop to WFH Anxiety
If you are feeling extra stressed at work, you are not alone. The thought of actually dealing with corona virus, is stressful. 64% of Americans polled in a March survey by the Economist/YouGov said that they were “very” or “somewhat” worried about getting the virus themselves. Adding in changes in your routine and working from home, it understandable why you can feel a little off at work.
So, what can you do to take away some of the stress of WFH?
Here’s 5 tips.
- Check in on yourself. Look at how you are doing objectively. Look for patterns when you feel worse and see if there’s anything you can change to make the stressor go away.
- Be accepting. As they say, acceptance is the first step to healing. Ignoring or pushing the anxiety or stress away won’t solve the problem.
- Live in the moment. This can be hard to do even the best of times, but especially when you are stuck at home and it’s hard to tell the moments apart. Doctors recommend, activities like journaling or yoga to reorient yourself to the here and now.
- Change it up. Switching up your pace or scenery can help manage anxiety. Going outside is especially value. Fresh air and sunshine make a big difference when you’ve been stuck inside a while.
- Don’t forget to take care of yourself. Watch your sleep schedule. Without our normal routines its easy to get too much or not enough sleep. Have the right water to caffeine ratio. Caffeine and dehydration can cause anxiety.
And remember, even with WFH, you are not alone!
Other posts by Skyler Schreck