Email Marketing Opt-Ins Explained
Email Marketing Shouldn’t Be Complicated.
Although “the end of email” has been threatened may times in recent years, this year has shown us that email marketing isn’t going anywhere. In fact, more than 50% of people in the US check their personal email over 10 times a day! Most people say that it is still their preferred way to communicate with brands.
Email Marketing is still a great way to reach a lot of people relatively cheaply. It still is an extremely effective marketing channel.
How Can You Use Email Marketing?
Email Marketing can be used for many purposes. For example, looking to send a high-impact promotion, invitation to an event, a newsletter, an online survey, or want to expand your client list? Email Marketing can do all of that!
Email is a great way for customers to stay in touch with brands and keep up on what ways they can buy from them.
The Opt-ins Explained
E-mail Marketing doesn’t have to be complicated! There are many available streamlined methods to help you market more effectively and efficiently. There are even multiple types of email lists or processes: Single Opt-in, Double Opt-in, or Guaranteed Open campaigns. Using the right type of campaign can help you simplify the whole process.
- Single opt-in is when an email address is added to your mailing list without needing the address owner to confirm or acknowledge they’ve been opted in. This is great for simplifying the process: for you and the people you are emailing. Less points of contact before a campaign also lower failure rates and raise engagement rates!
- Double opt-in is also sometimes called confirmed opt-in. The second, or double, opt-in is often in the form of a confirmation link sent either to their email or in a subscription activation page. After they confirm their email, then they are added to your mailing list. Double opt-in is great for making sure that your email ends up in your target address’s box. And since the user took the time and effort to do the extra opt-in, you know that they are truly interested in whatever they are opting-in to!
- Guaranteed Open are when you pay for the number of “emails opened” instead of paying for the number of “emails sent.” Guaranteed Open emails are sent in segments until the purchased number of opened emails is reached. Using guaranteed open is a very effective way to make sure your email reaches your desired audience. They are also great for driving traffic to your website!
You may be surprised how easy and affordable it is to connect with your existing or potential customers / members with email marketing!
There Are So Many Benefits of Email Marketing:
- Personalized Connections with Customers
- Collect Feedback and Data About Your Customers
- Drive Sales
- Drive Traffic to Your Website and Products
- Quick Turnaround Time
- Cost Effective and Scalable
- Building First-Party-Data Resources
- Provide Valuable Content for Your Audience
The opportunities and possibilities are endless!
Email Trends… Personalization!
Personalization is a big key in reaching your customer’s heart. Using the customer’s name in things like email subject lines is a good first step. Beyond that you can use audience segmentation to separate your audience into groups that share common characteristics like demographics and behavioral information. Using your audience segments to target your message to things that each group are actually invested in can greatly increase how personal your marketing will feel to the customer.
Do you use email marketing?