When your business relies on direct marketing for sales and advertising, you want to be sure you have the best possible leads. But just because you had the best possible leads at one time does not mean that you can continue to rely on them. This is not necessarily because your product or service is no longer of interest to those businesses or individuals. Rather, it is because information changes, companies and individuals move, and phone numbers change.
First Direct offers several Data Hygiene & Enhancement services, that when used alone or in a group, improve your ability to identify and contact your target audience.
Data Consolidation and Standardization
First Direct uses state-of-the-art software to ensure that your addresses are standardized to meet the latest United States Postal Service requirements.
This process includes:
- Validation and correction of street, city and state
- Street prefix, suffix and secondary address components are standardized
- Zip+4 codes are enhanced, added if missing, and corrected
- United States Postal Service Carrier Route Codes are added
- Delivery Point Bar Code data is added
- Undeliverable and non-forwardable addresses are identified and tagged
Once the basic standardization is completed, several optional suppression processes are available. The benefits of this type of processing are numerous, ranging from decreased prospecting costs to increasing customer satisfaction. Other reasons to perform suppression processing may include legal restrictions, investor obligations, and self-regulatory privacy obligations as outlined by The Direct Marketing Association. Our main suppression options include the:
- Direct Marketing Association’s Do-Not-Mail and Do-Not-Call Services
- Deceased Suppression File
- Federal and State Do-Not-Call Services