When your business relies on direct marketing for sales and advertising, you want to be sure you have the best possible leads. But just because you had the best possible leads at one time does not mean that you can continue to rely on them. This is not necessarily because your product or service is no longer of interest to those businesses or individuals. Rather, it is because information changes, companies and individuals move, and phone numbers change.
First Direct offers several Data Hygiene & Enhancement services, that when used alone or in a group, improve your ability to identify and contact your target audience.
Data Consolidation and Standardization
First Direct uses state-of-the-art software to ensure that your addresses are standardized to meet the latest United States Postal Service requirements.
This process includes:
- Validation and correction of street, city and state
- Street prefix, suffix and secondary address components are standardized
- Zip+4 codes are enhanced, added if missing, and corrected
- United States Postal Service Carrier Route Codes are added
- Delivery Point Bar Code data is added
- Undeliverable and non-forwardable addresses are identified and tagged
Once the basic standardization is completed, several optional suppression processes are available. The benefits of this type of processing are numerous, ranging from decreased prospecting costs to increasing customer satisfaction. Other reasons to perform suppression processing may include legal restrictions, investor obligations, and self-regulatory privacy obligations as outlined by The Direct Marketing Association. Our main suppression options include the:
- Direct Marketing Association’s Do-Not-Mail and Do-Not-Call Services
- Deceased Suppression File
- Federal and State Do-Not-Call Services
Data enhancements are available to fill in the gaps of missing information and help you market more effectively.
First Direct’s data enhancement solutions enrich your database with data appends that add greater detail about your customers to help you target them more effectively. First Direct retrieves information from multiple data sources, capturing more information, which results in the highest quality data available.
The following is an example of possible gaps in your database that we can fill, using our consumer and business data enhancement, in order to boost your prospects and sales leads:
- Phone numbers but no addresses
- Outdated business and consumer information
- Valuable insight into your market area, such as flagging homes that are seasonally occupied or vacant
Give First Direct a call at 866.363.9575. We’re ready to put our experience to work for you.